Your cart is currently empty!
Got stuck with a flat battery? Don’t worry, We will teach you how you can jump-start your car in 5 easy steps. There are some basic things you must have to jump-start your car:
- Jumper Cables and Jump Starters
- A car with a good battery or a Portable Jump Starter
1 – Safety First
- Read the instructions of the section on jump-starts in your car’s manual. Some car manufacturers do not recommend jump-starting certain models.
- Make sure the environment is safe for jump-starting your car as there should not be anything flammable.
- Take the vehicle with a good battery and park it near the vehicle with a flat battery.
- Make sure that the parts of both cars are not touching each other as there can be a spark if the current is flowing between the cars other than through the jumper cables.
- Engage parking brakes of both vehicles.
- Power off both cars before starting the process.
2 – Prep
- Take out jumper cables and detangle them.
- You can use Booster Cable 800 AMP or Casta Booster Cable 1000 AMP.
- Make sure the jumper cables are un-wounded.
- Locate batteries of both cars.
You are all set to move on to the actual process
3 – Attach Jumper Cables
- Identify the positive (+) terminal and the negative (-) terminal on both batteries.
- Connect the red clamp of the Cable to the positive terminal of the dead or flat battery.
- Connect another red clamp to the positive terminal of the good battery.
- Now, Hook the black clamp to the negative terminal of the good battery.
- Lastly, Connect another black clamp to the bare metal on the dead car.
Caution: Never attach the Red clamp to the negative (-) terminal of the dead battery.
4 – Charge the Battery
- Start the engine of a car with a good battery.
- Let the engine run for a couple of minutes.
- Now try starting your car (with a flat battery).
- You may have to turn the key on and hold it for a few seconds a couple of times.
- If your car’s engine is alive, you are good to go.
5 – Disconnect Jumper Cables
It is just opposite to how you attached the cables. But, let us clear it below:
- First, disconnect the clamp you attached in last i.e. Negative (-) clamp of the jumper cable from the ground on your car (a car that received jump-starting)
- Disconnect the Negative (-) clamp of the jumper cable from the good battery.
- Disconnect the Positive (+) clamp of the jumper cable from the good battery.
- Now, Disconnect the Positive (+) clamp from your car.
That’s it! Yes, you have successfully jump-started your car.
Jump-Start Your Car With a Portable Jump-Starter
It is good to have a portable jump-starter because you can easily recharge your flat battery with it.
- Turn off your car and Jump-starter before starting the process.
- Jump-starter devices usually come with permanently attached cables.
- If not, Attach a Positive (+) clamp to the Positive terminal and a Negative (-) clamp to a Negative terminal of the jump-starter.
- Attach Positive (+) clamp to the Positive terminal of your car’s battery and Negative (-) terminal to the bare metal (ground)
- Now turn on the jump-starter device and your car.
- If your engine has started, keep it running for a few minutes. You have successfully jump-started your car.
- Turn off the device. It’s time to disconnect the cables.
- Remove the Negative (-) cable and then Positive (+) cable from your car.
You are ready to run your car.