Car wrapping involves entirely or partially covering a vehicle’s original paint with a wrap. Car wraps are beneficial in many aspects, and people nowadays prefer car wraps over repainting. You see, almost every other vehicle of big firms and companies on the road is wrapped for advertising purposes. From types to prices to maintenance, we have covered nearly all aspects you need to know about car wrapping.
Types of Car Wraps
Car wraps come in different types. Each type has its unique features. Therefore, you should seek information about every kind of wrap to make a perfect choice for your car wrap. Following are the different types of car wraps.
You may want to choose glossy wraps for your Car because they:
- Resemble the original car paint.
- They are available in a variety of colors.
- Are smoother.
- It can change the look of your vehicle thoroughly.
- Look beautiful
- They are the ultimate choice to give your car a stylish and glossy look.
Satin wraps are a great choice of wraps because they:
- Give a professional look to your Car
- Reflect lesser light than glossy wrap (but more than a matte wrap)
- It can be used for mobile adverts.
- Offer a sleek design.
- Are an ultimate choice if you want a combination of glossy and matte wrap
Many car owners prefer matte wraps over other wraps because they:
- Give a matte finish to the Car, which looks aesthetic.
- Do not reflect light.
- They are not glossy.
- They are unique and uncommon. So, if you install the Matte wrap, it will help you stand out.
Brushed Car Wrap
Brushed car wraps are another great option because they:
- They are easy to install.
- Give your Car a new look.
- Come in two different categories:
- Brushed texture car wrap: These wraps are not very reflective, giving the vehicle a more authentic finish.
- Brushed material car wrap: These do not look as authentic but are cost-effective and easy to install.
Pros & Cons of Car Wrapping
Let’s take a look at Pros and Cons of car wrapping:
Pros of Car Wrapping
- Protects your Car against abrasions and scratches.
- Easily update the look of any vehicle.
- Wraps are design and color-customizable.
- Car Wraps Protect the resale value of a car.
- Help rewrap a specific part of the Car without limitations.
- Are durable.
- It can be used for advertising businesses.
- Are affordable.
Cons of Car Wrapping
- Low-quality wraps may not have the same desirable finish and benefits as high-quality wraps.
- The color of the wraps may change drastically if proper care is not given.
How to Maintain a Car Wrap
Car wraps require regular maintenance and cleaning. You should keep your car wrap away from pollutants and wash it regularly for vibrant colors and longer-lasting aesthetics.
Here are some tips on how you can maintain a car wrap.
Don’t Spill Fuel on Wraps
You shouldn’t Spill fuel on your car wrap. If you have spilled it, wash it off immediately and thoroughly.
Wash the Car at least once a Week
Washing your car wrap at least once a week would be best. However, if your car is exposed to a lot of dirt and pollutants, you should wash it more often. After cleaning with soap, rinse your vehicle with clear water. You can use a silicone squeegee to minimize water spotting. After soaking, dry it with a microfiber cloth.
It would help if you used good quality car wash shampoo, sprays, sponges, and microfiber towels for cleaning your car. However, if you opt for premium products, we recommend using the product of the following series for your vehicle.
Can I Use the Pressure Washer to Clean the Car?
Yes, you can use the Pressure Washer to clean your Car, but with the following conditions:
- Pressure should be below 2,000 psi.
- The temperature should be below 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 40 degrees wide angle nozzle pattern spray should be used.
- The nozzle should be kept sufficiently far from the car edges.
Avoid Automatic Washes
It would be best if you avoided brush car washes because they can cause peeling of the wrap. Hand washing is more thorough and safer. You can go for an automatic car wash if they only use water spray.
Use Microfiber Cloths to Wipe the Car
Wipe your Car with a microfiber cloth. Microfiber cloth is significantly better absorbent than ordinary cloth.
Car Wrapping Price in Pakistan
Prices of the car wrapping vary according to the
- Type of the wrap
- Quality of the wrap
- Car type
- The company that is installing the wrap.
Estimated Prices according to the type of the Car are as follows:
- Sedans: PKR 24,000
- SUVs: PKR 35,000
- Crossovers: PKR 28,000
- Hatchbacks: PKR 20,000